Johannine Literature in the Catholic Lectionary:
Other Websites related to John in the Lectionaries:
The Influence of John's Gospel on Christian Liturgy - by Gail Gresser
1. Chapters of John [some aspects of liturgy as related to each chapter of the Gospel]
2. Images and Phrases [organized by images, across chapters, etc.]
3. Stories [organized by stories used in the liturgy]
4. Seasons [organized by liturgical season and how John is used in each]
5. Masses and Rites [use of John in the Ordinary, Propers and Commons]
6. Ritual Prayers and Parts [use of imagery in, e.g., the Prayer After Communion]
7. RCIA [Johannine imagery is strongly used in the RCIA: where and how?]
8. Issues in the Use of Scripture in Liturgy [the Missale Romanum and ICEL; principles of usage and interpretation; some history]
(more material still coming)
| The Johannine Literature Web was created
and is maintained by Felix Just, S.J.
This page was last updated on 09/26/01.
Copyright © 1999-2001