The belief of many people that the Apocalypse will come in the year 2000 is based upon the millennial concept. Such beliefs may stem from the mention of the number 1000 in Revelation 20:2, as the length of time that Satan will be held captive.
- Jesus will return before divine earthly kingdom has been established.
- Return Necessary because forces hostile to God ruling the world.
- Christ reigns on earth during millennium.
- Evil will rise again as the millennium comes to a close.
- Jesus must conquer evil before He can rule.
- God's cosmic rule will be finalized with the end of the final battle.
- Jesus will return after divine earthly kingdom has been established.
- Millennialism will coincide with human history.
- Belief that religious and social activity will play a key role in the formation of God's kingdom.
- Although evil may sometimes gains the upper hand, eventually God will reign.
- Millennium (1000 yrs.) interpreted as "long time" (Psalms 50:10)